Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hogar: DIY Stencil Pillows

I've been wanting to update my drab lime-green Ikea pillow cover for a while now, the color is all wrong, and the plain linen is just boring. I came across Wit & Whistle's stencil pillow tutorial and loved the prospect of personalizing a throw pillow. I decided to add a step an treat the fabric with dye and hope for an even turquoise color, the dye job did not go so well and I was contemplating donating our cover to our local thrift store. I stayed put and after days of eyeing the blotchy pillow I decided the unevenness only adds to its charm. I was too impatient to trace out my letters with pencil first (a step that is highly recommended) but I did measure out the rows so that there was 1 inch of space between each line. I chose to quote the beginning of Todo Cambio by Camila which just happens to be mine and Ces song <3.



I'm loving the final result! 

3 comments:

  1. Que padres te quedaron. Eres una artista! Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it! Vendelas jajaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice, good job. Definitely better than the letters on Cesar's Bday cake :)

    ReplyDelete