Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Weekly Chicome

I've decided to start a weekly series focusing on the 7 things that have added cheer to my week (in no particular order).

In my debut post I want to clear a couple things up:  

  1. Why 7? Because 7 is and has always been my very favorite number. 
  2. What is Chicome? Chicome is the Nahuatl word for 7. I originally thought of calling this series the Sunday Seven or even the Sunday Siete (I'm a fan of alliteration) but unfortunately that idea was not very original. I decided to use the Nahuatl word instead as this ancient language has a very special meaning to me. 

Without further a due welcome to Weekly Chicome!


{1} EL TRI winning the first ever GOLD medal for futbol during London 2012!

{2} Having my mom and aunt in town for a long weekend filled with wine, conversation, laughter and food!


{3} Ces and I hosted our first annual Roosevelt Island BBQ! We took advantage of our wonderful city views and park setting and had our family and friends over for a day of grilling. I made these zucchini canoes which received great reviews.  


{4} Outdoor movie night in McCarren Park with a couple of my favorite ladies! TopGun + Trader Joes + Wine = a perfect post-work summer picnic. 




















{5} Discovering what can be my new favorite store JOE FRESH! If you are in the market for colorful basics  pieces on the cheap this is the place to go. 

{6} Life on "the island". So close and yet so far from the hustle and bustle of Manhattan. 


{7} Starting this blog. Hogaroso is a play on words using the Spanish word Home (hogar) and Bear (oso); Oso is Ces' nickname for me (one of many, the others shall remain undisclosed).

No comments:

Post a Comment